Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Werfen, Austria - October 4

This is the Werfen Castle.  Grandpa Kendall lived here for several months during World War II.

I loved this guy in lederhosen.
We went to a falconry show.  The birds flew amongst the crowd.  I was able to take a few really cool pictures of the birds.






They pulled people out of the audience to let them help wrangle the birds.  I was selected here is my photo. :)

Very old paintings inside the Werfen Castle.


There was a torture room in the castle.
This picture shows how thick the walls were.
Mom & Dad standing by a fire truck.
Ouch that will leave a mark.




View from the Bell Tower.

This is the perfect door for me...just my size.

2 comments:

Pallavi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pallavi said...

Please see the oil painting of the castle I made here : http://easeleyed.blogspot.in/2009/11/werfen-castle.html

Its from the same angle as your pic. Please tell me what you think of it :)