Friday, October 3, 2008

Salzburg

Greetings from Austria. I had fun visiting with John, Becca & Wes at their house in Bitburg (for a very short visit). I will see them again in a week & John has a 3 day weekend thanks to Columbus Day. Unfortunatley the traffic was really bad when they were taking me to the train station due to Friday being Unity Day (celebrating the uniting of East & West Germany) in Germany so everyone had a 3 day weekend. John & Becca ended up having to drive me much further away to a different train station so I would not miss my train. I took the overnight (City Night Line) train from Koblenz to Salzburg. The bunk room I was booked into had 6 beds. Ironically I was assigned to the very top bunk so I had a long climb up the ladder to the my bed. My bunkmates were very nice. When I arrived in Salzburg I found the hotel easily and met up with Mom & Dad.
Today we toured around Salzburg in the pouring rain. It rained all day long and we look like drowned rats in most of the pictures. We went to Mozart's home and walked along an adorable street where everyone has hanging metal signs (even the McDonalds).
Tomorrow we are going to try and go to the Eagle's Nest. If it snows tonight at the higher altitudes we might not be able to go but we are crossing our fingers that we will be able to go.

2 comments:

Ken-Dizzle said...

Sounds like you are enjoying my former home! Can't wait to see the pics!

The Kendall Family said...

bummer about the rain! glad you made it and are having fun! can't wait for your return!!!!!! hugs to all!