Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dag (Hi) from Brussels

I arrived in Brussels today. It has been very windy the last few days and raining on & off. Reminds me of home. I saw the Manneken-Pis (just like it sounds - it is a little man peeing) and very popular. Then I went to the Grand Place (the main square). The buildings are amazing and took so many pictures. From there I took a hop on & hop off tour of Brussels. I also went to the top of the Atomium. It is the Space Needle of Brussels. I took the elevator to the top 98 meters. Brussels not as charming (except for the Grand Place) as Brugge or Amsterdam. It is basically just a large city. There is tons and tons of grafitti. It is everywhere even on statues.
Yesterday I spent the day in Brugge. I loved Brugge. It is an adorable & quaint town. I climbed the Bell Tower (all 336 steps). The view of the town is fabulous from up there. I went to the Church of Our Lady where Michelangelo's Madonna & Child is located. Thanks goes out to Todd Fish who convinced me to see the movie In Brugge before I left. I had a much better feel for the city after seeing the movie.
On day 2 in Amsterdam I went to the Floating Flower Market & the Windmill/Brewery. I tried the beer but it had way too much hops for me to handle. I met up with Loes from the Russell office after work and she took me to an amazing restaurant for dinner. We had steak & they were delicious. Then see drove me under the Ajax Arena where the Ajax Football team plays. After that she took me too Volendam and adorable seaside town. The houses look like they are out of a fairytale.
Tomorrow I head off to Luxebourg where I will meet up with Becca & Wes for the day. Then it is off to Salzburg to meet up with Mom & Dad.

No comments: