Thursday, October 23, 2008

Salzburg, Austria - October 3

This house and lake were used in the Sound of Music.  The scene where they kids were in the boats on the lake were filmed here.
Helbrunn Castle (Schloss Helbrun)
We toured Mozart's Residence (Mozart Wohnhaus)

This was an adorable street in old Salzburg called Getreidegasse.  All the shops on this street have to have hanging iron signs.  Even the McDonald's has one.


Mirabell Gardens.  You will recognize this from Sound of Music as well.
Me and my favorite man in lederhosen.
This is some random statue that I just had to take a picture with.
Beautiful view of Salzburg.
We went to the Augustiner Brewery Hall for a pint.

This guy was having a Stag/Bachelor party.  To celebrate tying the knot his "friends" made him wear a dress while shackled and having to drink beer out of a straw.  They also paraded him throughout the various beer hall rooms so everyone could see him and take pictures. 
Have to clean your mug before you have it filled with delicious beer.
This man was so cute.  He asked me if I was an American.  When I told him I was he said he loved me and wanted to have a picture taken.  He even wanted me to wear his hat in the photo.
Prost! Cheers!
I loved the view of Salzburg from this spot.

The city looked amazing at night.

The hills are alive with the Sound of Music...
These trolls were in Sound of Music during the scene... Doe a deer...

This is where Katie called home when she studied abroad during college.
The fountain in the background is dedicated to horses.  I thought it was appropriate to take a picture with horses in front of their fountain.
These buildings were built into the side of cliff.  Very cool!

This cemetery was really beautiful.  The grave markers were made of our iron.

View from the Salzburg Castle.



2 comments:

Emily said...

Umm Excuse me Kristi....are you MOUNTING a troll in that picture???

Emily said...

Umm Excuse me Kristi....are you MOUNTING a troll in that picture???