Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vladimir & Suzdal, Russia

My tour group before we boarded our overnight train to Vladimir.
Colin, Me, Dave, Kelly, Olivia, Paul & Angela
Our guide Olga tried to teach us a Russian card game called Russian Fool.  None of us were able to catch on - it was very confusing.  I came in third and I have no idea how I accomplished that. 
My seat on the train.  We were on the train from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m.
The entire train car was open. 
Here is my bed for the night - actually only until 3 a.m.
Angela is showing off our dinner for the night - bread, wheel of salami & Gouda
We went to Suzdal, an adorable little village.  We toured the Spaso-Yevfimiyev Monastery, which is not an active monastery.
The guy in this picture "rings" the bells.  

These are fresco paintings.



At some point in the cathedral's history it was used as a prison.  These are bullet holes from that time period.
Beautiful scenic photo.

This lady was selling pickles out of the baby stroller.
This man was playing the accordion.
The Kremlin in Suzdal.  A Kremlin is a cathedral.
We went to a Russian Banya (Sauna).  It was VERY hot and we could only stay in for a short while.
This was the cooling off tub.
Steamy sauna.
When you are in the sauna you wipe the wet Birch leaves on your skin.
Statue in Vladimir.
Scenic view in Vladimir.
This was a group of Kindergarten students who had just graduated.
This is my hotel in Vladimir.
This is my building.
These ducks live on the property.
Align Center
Heading off to dinner.
Me, Olivia, Paul, Angela & Colin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! (You really should do weddings and other events) Maybe now I will put Russia on my "bucket list".

David said...

Nonton drama Jepang