Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stockholm, Sweden

I made it! My flight from DC to Copenhagen was delayed 3 hours due to weather. We sat on the runway waiting for air traffic control to reopen the flight routes to Europe. I think they were being extra cautious due to what happened with the Air France flight. It wasn't too bad though they gave us drinks and we watched movies. I missed my flight to Stockholm but they rebooked without any problems. It is rainy, windy & cold here in Stockholm - just like winter back home. I can't believe I left 90 degree weather to end up in the rain. Oh well that did not stop me from sightseeing today and I will be back out there again tomorrow. I leave Saturday morning for St. Petersburg - hoping for no rain there.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Yeah! Happy to hear you made it safe and sound. Keep us updated as you can. Can't wait to catch up when you return. Have fun! xoxo

Unknown said...

You certainly have a history of missed flight connections. At least your bag made it with you and you are safe! So glad you are able to see the gorgeous city of Stockholm. Katie and I spent 3 days there and loved it. Hugs, Mom

Emily said...

Fun...have a great trip!! Keep the updates coming!