Friday, June 5, 2009

Stockholm continued

The weather was better today. It rained a bit in the morning and the sun came out in the late afternoon. I went to City Hall and climbed the 395 steps to the top of the tower. It was very windy up there but the view was beautiful. Then I went on a tour of City Hall and saw where the Nobel Awards Banquet is held every December. Then I walked around the adorable area called Gamla Stan. They have cobble stone streets and light posts. Next I walked to Djurgarden and visited the Vasa Museum. Vasa is a ship that sunk on its maiden voyage in 1628. It is HUGE and was very interesting to see. I am going to go to bed early tonight since the time change really hit me today. Off to St. Petersburg tomorrow. Not sure how accessible the internet will be but I will try to update my blog.

2 comments:

The Kendall Family said...

you sure did a lot today! glad the weather was better! bet you are sleepy! how's the food??

Unknown said...

So glad we can follow you on your vacation. No one here has been to Russia so we are excited to hear what you think of it! Hugs XOXO