Sunday, November 11, 2007

Felucca (sailing up the Nile River)

Ready to set sail on the Felucca!


Jenny is ready too!


Notice the words written in the picture... Our boat was called Rolling Stone - Captain Hash.


The picture many people have been waiting for... In our face nets!
Yes we slept with these on to prevent mosquito bites on our faces. I am happy to report I was only bitten 3 times on my ankle.


Walk the plank...
This is how we got off of our boat and onto dry land. We were in the far boat so we had to walk on two planks.


Jenny showing us how it is done.


We went under a bridge and they bent the sail so we could fit.




Swimming in the Nile!!
A lot of people were surprised I actually did it - here is the proof.


Felucca group photo - Team Alpha!


Look at the orange figure near the top of the sail. They climbed up the mast to fold up the sail.

We made it... Looking our best as you can tell.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

The face net!! I am so happy to see it up close...it's a beauty! Perhaps I can try it on when I see you next month? :)