Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Dubrovnik is a gorgeous city as you can see from my photos.

Katie & I stayed inside the old walled city.
Views from walking around the walls.


There are tons of boats and I loved taking photos of the fishing boats.
A bunch of them were being stored on the beach.

Love trying to take some artsy photos.
Man untangling a fishing net.
We went to one of the two Buza Bars. They are located on the outside of the old city walls literally over the water. This sign tells the truth... there were cold drinks and the view was very beautiful.
You can see the Buza Bar - look for the white umbrellas.
Here is a photo from the water.

Hanging out in paradise.
I didn't want to leave my seat - nothing but ocean.
This was the street where "our apartment" was located. It is known as the cutest street in Dubrovnik. Every evening we saw tourists stopping to take photos.
You have to love stairs, stairs and more stairs when you are walking around the old city. There are tons of them - it is the ultimate stairclimber.
I thought this was a beautiful photo.
The town clock tower.
The main street in the old city - it is also the only flat street without stairs. No vehicles are allowed in the city so everything has to be carted or carried in.
We walked around the walls and spotted a bunch of school kids enjoying recess.
Pretty nice location for recess.
A Nun working in the garden.
No one has a dryer so all laundry is hung out the windows to dry.

Love this sign - I don't think I would every eat here.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great pictures Kristi! Looks like an amazing place to visit!

Sean, Angela & Ava said...

Oh gosh, I am so jealous you got to visit Croatia! That is where my Vukovich name is from. I hear it is soooo beautiful there. Hope to visit there someday in my future :-) Your pics are great!!